Several providers come with international calling plans, but all are not the best considering coverage, service, cost, and other factors. From the major carriers, we found Verizon and T-Mobile are offering the best international calling plans from USA. Verizon’s TravelPass and T-Mobile’s Magenta MAX offer the best value along with extensive coverage to 200+ destinations.
As you know, there are more than 25 MVNOs available that provide cell phone plans with international calling. After deep research, we found Google’s Project Fi and Mint Mobile have the cheapest plans with all the essential features. Google’s Unlimited Plus allows free calling to more than 60 countries, and Mint Mobile also has coverage in 140+ countries.
Before picking one, you need to consider a few aspects to determine which plan is right for you. If you frequently travel outside, get a cell phone plan with GSM & CDMA coverages. Pick plans that focus on data and hotspot tethering if you prefer connecting to the web during travel.
Without expanding the gateway, let’s dive into the actual discussion!
- Top 10 Best International Calling Plans From USA
- 1. Verizon International Calling Plans – Best For Coverage
- 2. AT&T International Plans – Best For Day Tours
- 3. T-Mobile International Plans – Best Travel-Friendly Option
- 4. Google Fi International Plan – Best For Prepaid Users
- 5. Mint Mobile International Calling Plans – Best Budget-Friendly Choice
- 6. Ooma International Calling Plans
- 7. Xfinity International Plans
- 8. Ultra Mobile International Plans
- 9. Metro By T-Mobile International Calling Plans
- 10. Sprint International Plans
- Final Verdict
Top 10 Best International Calling Plans From USA
Searching for the best international calling plan is a tricky task, as there are several providers that offer international roaming services. Don’t hassle! We have done the work for you. Our team has undergone thorough research, and we have picked ten of them that stand forth regarding some criteria.
We have included major, and MVNO providers in our top ten list since each individual has different preferences. We prefer using major carriers for comprehensive coverage and MVNOs for budget-friendly plans.
We have worked upon the broad range, billing & pricing, terms & conditions, customer support, ease of access, and other similar factors.
1. Verizon International Calling Plans – Best For Coverage
Reach to your family and friends abroad as Verizon’s international cell phone calling plans can be the passport for your concern-free overseas traveling.
Without a doubt, Verizon’s fiber-optic modified technology offers more smooth and drop-free calling even in long distances. Verizon’s Fios comes with 99.99% coverage worldwide, so forget about crossing the borders.
Verizon has a wide range of cheap international phone plans, where you can find plans that relate to domestic plans with data, talk, and text features, but the coverage is worldwide.
If you don’t need data or text while abroad, you can stick to Verizon’s calling plans that focus mainly on calling minutes. Below we’ll cover the best cell phone plans with international calling and minutes.
Travel Pass: Verizon offers international cell phone plans with all the essential features, and you can get them all at just 10 dollars per day. This cost applies to worldwide coverage in 185+ countries. If you go to the same plan inside Mexico & Canada, it will charge $5 per day.
The benefits of this plan are:
- Unlimited talk, text, and data coverage to 185+ countries
- Enables you to use 4G and 5G speed national data
- Use 500 MB of 5G data per day(later, speeds may become slow)
- Full-speed data service in the covered countries
- Charges just $5 per day for Mexico & Canada
If you sign up for the Verizon Visa Card, you can get up to two free days from the Verizon TravelPass plan. Moreover, you can get free TravelPass days from time to time if you sign up for Verizon.
International Monthly Plan: If you travel frequently or go for long tours abroad, you can go for the International Monthly plan. Verizon’s unlimited international calling plans are perfect for a more extended 10 to 15 days tour.
The advantages of this plan are:
- Costs low over-usage charges, just 0.25 dollars per minute for calls, 0.05 dollars per message, and 20 dollars per GB
- 250 minutes in the coverage destinations
- Get up to 1000 SMS when abroad
- Get up to 5GB of full-speed internet in 185+ countries
For getting these best international calling plans from usa, you need to be in any of the qualifying plans from Verizon. Moreover, for getting 4G or 5G access, you have to use a World device compatible with 4G or 5G.
World Plan: Verizon has two World Plans, which offer minutes for landline phones to cover almost 120 destinations. World Plan 500 and World Plan 300 both start at a cheaper monthly rate, and they provide direct-dialed calls to multiple countries.
World Plan 500 starts at just 14.99 dollars per month, and it offers cheap international calls from the USA to more than 120 countries. Adding an unlimited plan and ordering this with Triple Play costs 14.99 dollars per month. This plan costs 19.99 dollars per month if you order without an unlimited phone plan.
On the other hand, World Plan 300 has similar features, but it offers you adding 300 minutes monthly for direct-dialed calls. You can enjoy direct dial calls to 120+ countries, but calling destinations are restricted to 98 countries if you call with a mobile phone.
This plan includes unlimited plans for both variants. You must pay 10 dollars monthly if you order without a Triple Play. At just 15 dollars per month, you can add unlimited phone plans with a Triple Play. The cost for World Plan’s direct-dialed calling includes both household wireline and wireless phones in 100+ destinations.
2. AT&T International Plans – Best For Day Tours
AT&T is one of the most extended telecommunications service providers in the United States, and they are pre-eminent for their great deals. If you use one of the qualified plans from AT&T, you can easily combine the best international mobile phone plans by repaying an extra 10 dollars each day.
We prefer the services of AT&T because they always provide a helping hand, even when you’re on the go. Stay connected always when you’re home or abroad with the comprehensive international roaming packages from AT&T. They come with three international plans.
Pick the one that suits your requirements. Go for AT&T’s DayPass plan if you need all the domestic features on vacation. You can select the International Calling Plan if you don’t connect to the web that much. AT&T also has specialized Mexico & Canada based plans and Sea Cruises packages.
AT&T International Day Pass: When you travel frequently, you need a plan that comes at a daily rate per user. With this plan, you can move around the world without any hassles.
Just like the pay as you go plans, you just need to pay fees for daily usage. Enjoy the premium coverages you have used in your domestic plans; the difference is just about worldwide coverage.
The features of this plan are:
- Delivers unlimited talk, text, and high-speed data at just 10 dollars/day
- Get up to 50% off on supplementary lines
- Provides complete coverage in 210+ destinations as you are using from home
- Don’t pay the bill before ten days
- It doesn’t need any additional charges. Pay as much as you use.
AT&T International Calling: When you don’t need data access in your abroad vacation, and you need just calling access, this is the plan for you. It is one of the best temporary international phone plans you can rely on.
Here are the advantages of this plan:
- Get unlimited calling from the USA to 85+ countries, including China, India, and Germany.
- Offers more extensive coverage only for 15 dollars per line per month
- Get plans and deals at affordable value when calling more than 140 destinations
- Provides all the essential features you require to stay in touch with your near and dear ones
You must subscribe to an unlimited domestic talk, text, and data phone plan for getting the international roaming plan benefits.
3. T-Mobile International Plans – Best Travel-Friendly Option
We’ve contemplated several providers, but we found that T-Mobile has one of the best international calling plans from USA. T-Mobile has three international phone plans and one Cruise plan for fundamental to premium users. Essentials are the cheapest option as it has just basic features.
Magenta and Magenta MAX come with upgraded benefits, and they offer great value at a slightly increased price tag. We liked the unlimited roaming feature of T-Mobile, which is excellent for long tours.
For most coverage countries amongst the 210 destinations, T-Mobile provides 2G or GSM network standards for calling.
You can get 4G LTE data access for Mexico and Canada only. For calling under all their global plans, they charge just 25 cents per minute. Magenta MAX is the best phone plan for traveling internationally of T-Mobile, which starts at 70 dollars per month.
In return, you can get unrestricted minutes, messages, and data in 210+ countries. Let’s discuss all three plans in detail.
T-Mobile Essentials: Essentials is one of the most affordable unlimited global calling plans with decent fundamental features you can obtain!
The benefits of this plan are:
- Unlimited texting and 2G data provided
- It requires just about $45 or more in a month
- Gives coverage in 210+ countries and destinations
- Low rate talking over any carriers
- The calling rate is just 25 cents per minute
This plan is right for users who don’t want to have much data coverage. You can attach to this plan if you favor low rate calling worldwide.
T-Mobile Magenta: Magenta is an ideal plan for people who prefer the signature T-Mobile coverage along with the reasonable value at a decent price tag.
The benefits of this plan are:
- Unlimited texting and unlimited 2G & 3G data worldwide
- Provides coverage in 210+ countries and destinations
- Offers in-flight benefits for a limited period
- It gives an easy talk and data access abroad
- Includes 5G data in Canada and Mexico
- Gives around 128 Kbps speed on average
If you want the fair value under the standard service of T-Mobile, Magenta is an absolute winner. It demands just 70 to 75 dollars monthly with an autopay deduction. Nonetheless, you can amplify full-speed coverages by shifting to Magenta Plus instantly without any hassles.
Magenta MAX: It is one of the most costly international plans, but it has some premium features that you don’t want to miss out on! For a month, it approximately charges 90 dollars.
The benefits of this plan are-
- Unlimited text, talk, and the internet worldwide
- Get roughly 256 Kbps speed on average(double the speed than Magenta)
- Offers 5G data in Canada and Mexico(unlimited GSM and CDMA data worldwide)
- It requires 25 cents/minute for calling
- Enjoy a simple talk and data access on the run
- Get in-flight benefits for a limited period
If you are the one who doesn’t want to compromise a bit in the coverage and want the ultimate perks, Magenta MAX is the one we suggest. One notable imperfection of T-Mobile’s international roaming is, they charge for global calling!
4. Google Fi International Plan – Best For Prepaid Users
For an all in all stable connection throughout your overseas traveling, you can give Google Fi a shot! They use the networks of both T-mobile and US Mobile for comprehensive coverage.
Within a single account, you can add roaming plans for several people. The more lines you join, the less you pay per line. It means more excellent value!
By the way, we’ll discuss the cheapest unlimited data plan from Google Fi, as most of us travel alone. Google Fi comes with three international plans, and they cover almost 200+ destinations.
Flexible is the most economical plan with essential benefits. With a reasonable increment of price and features, Simply Unlimited and Unlimited Plus provides the best values.
Flexible: Starting at just $20/month, it is a helpful single-line plan for users who prefer calling over data and text benefits. The original rate is pretty much lower, but it becomes somewhat pricey if you add extra data. At $10 per month, you can attach an additional 1 GB into this plan.
The advantages are:
- It gives free calling from the USA to Mexico and Canada(costs apply for 200+ destinations)
- Provides data across 200+ countries in pay as you go(at $10 per GB rate)
- Includes unlimited talk and text without any contracts or activation fees
- Offers internet coverage in Mexico, Canada, and the US(requires extra payment)
- Global messaging & talk while going outside US, Canada & Mexico
- You can receive up to 15 GB of full-speed data(afterward, speed is reduced to 2G)
- Share your data over High-speed hotspot tethering
To cover up the global calling plans from Google’s Project Fi, we suggest Flexible for the budget alternative. But this is not for individuals who require using extra data and hotspot benefits.
5. Mint Mobile International Calling Plans – Best Budget-Friendly Choice
Mint Mobile is a leading MVNO that offers one of the best international calling plans from USA to more than 160 countries.
Compared to other MVNO carriers, they offer the best perks and comprehensive coverage. From Mint Mobile at a reduced price, you can get the same service like you used to get from major ones.
Let’s have a glimpse at the advantages of the Mint Mobile International Calling Plan:
- It costs just 15 dollars per month
- It fetches 6 cents per minute for Mexico and Canada and charges 25 cents per minute for other destinations.
- Calling from the USA to other countries costs just 1 cent per minute
- Sending texts costs just 2 cents inside Canada & Mexico(costs 5 cents for other destinations)
- Get full-speed 4G LTE data access after add-ons
Moreover, if you want a restoration offer of 90 days, you can get a decent discount. For 90 days of auto-renewals, they charge just 25 dollars per month.
6. Ooma International Calling Plans
Ooma offers self-build wireless or landline services and other telecommunications offerings, and it is based in Silicon Valley, USA. You can switch to Ooma with an activated Ooma account and an Ooma device, and it’s that simple.
If you subscribe to an Ooma account and have an Ooma device, you can contact virtually anywhere in the world within the Ooma Mobile app. Ooma has three international plans, and they offer basic to premium plus features, starting from just $9.99 per month.
Basic & Premier Plan: The Basic plan offers low rate international calling at nearly any destination in the world. If you want to have more premium features, upgrade to Ooma Premier for just 9.99 dollars/month.
- Get everyday low rates on international calling in any country.
- Includes unlimited calling to Canada and Mexico
- The standard rate is almost 0.025 dollars per minute for specific destinations
World Plan: This is an upgraded version from the Basic & Premier plan. It starts at just 17.99 dollars per month for international calls.
- Includes unlimited minutes to landlines
- Landline calling is available in more than 60 countries
- Low rate mobile calling to more than 10 countries
World Plus Plan: This one is pretty similar to the World Plan, but it is a bit upgraded than the upper one. It costs almost 25.99 dollars per month.
- Includes unlimited minutes to landlines
- Landline calling is available in more than 70 countries
- Low rate mobile calling to more than 40 countries
If you switch to international plans with a prepaid user from Ooma, you don’t have to pay extra charges. For existing users, Ooma doesn’t have to pay the Federal FUSF and FCC regulatory fees.
7. Xfinity International Plans
With the Xfinity Unlimited international plans, you can connect with your family and friends. Xfinity’s Voice Unlimited Plan allows making calls in almost half of the countries worldwide.
You can go for international calling using your smartphone or tablet. They offer international calling to specific countries at reduced costs, and they charge no additional fees.
Xfinity comes with two international plans. The CareFree Minutes World Select 300 plan is for users who want to travel around the all regardless of borders.
Their Carefree Minutes Latin America 300 plan is specially designed for users who need international calling for Latin American destinations. Both plans offer 300 international minutes for prepaid users with another qualified phone plan user.
You can call Canada, Mexico, Hong Kong, South Korea, Singapore, Puerto Rico without additional costs. All the CareFree Minutes plans start at just 9.95 dollars per month.
If you are an Xfinity Unlimited Plan user, minute to mobile and landline costs for the destinations mentioned above are excluded from CareFree 300 plans. For international calling in Latin American countries, you can get additional discounts even after over-usage.
8. Ultra Mobile International Plans
Ultra Mobile is an MVNO powered by T-Mobile, and they added 4G LTE service in recent years. Through Ultra Mobile, you can have the best perks, stable & comprehensive coverage, great phone deals, and cheaper international plans. For connecting your friends and family members in one line, they offer Free Unlimited international calling to 80+ countries.
If you subscribe to their dedicated calling service, uTalk, you can get up to 1250 minutes for the selected countries you visit most. Amongst the 80 countries, you can get free unlimited calls if you switch to landline calls.
And if you call through mobile, smartphones, or tablets, you need to pay 0.5 cents per minute on average. Below we’ll discuss one single-month international plan from Ultra Mobile.
Ultra Mobile 6GB Single-Month Plan: This international plan starts at just 29 dollars/month. It is basically a similar plan to the domestic ones, but the coverage area is where the main difference is noticeable.
The features of this plan are:
- Get Unlimited Nationwide Talk, Global Text & Data access
- It offers a $5 Monthly ILD Credit, an excellent option for saving
- Get one-time free international roaming credit worth $5
- Provides up to 6 GB of 5G and 4G LTE Data access(Data speeds reduce after 6GB, but unlimited 2G data is available)
- Unlimited Talk to 80+ international destinations
- The added data is Mobile Hotspot Capable
Along with all the mentioned benefits, you can get multiple discounts from Ultra Mobile when purchasing any other multi-month packs.
With the included $5 International credit, you can connect with other international locations for free until the credit ends. This full-speed global plan is available at no-contract deals, and you can also add the latest phones if you desire.
9. Metro By T-Mobile International Calling Plans
The parent company of Metro is T-Mobile, one of the leading telecommunications providers in the USA. As T-Mobile’s network powers Metro, you can get extensive coverage, the same as T-Mobile.
Travel around the world with unlimited all-in-one metro pcs phones deals. Here we’ll discuss the Unlimited $50 international plan of Metro, which starts at $50 per month. It is one of the best international calling plans from USA for users who don’t bother spending extra for good.
Metro by T-Mobile $50 Unlimited Plan: This is a no-contract plan which offers you premium benefits, and you can also get a chance to avail yourself of Free smartphones.
The advantages are:
- Provides unlimited landline calling from the USA to 75+ countries
- Unlimited 5G and 4G LTE data in the domestic coverage areas
- You can add $10 Metro Global Voice for contacting your loved ones in more than 140 countries.
- Unlimited National Minutes, Unlimited Messages
- Get up to 35 GB high-speed data(speed reduced to 2G after finishing limit)
- You can get a Samsung Galaxy A32 5G for FREE if you are a new user and pay just $30 upfront per month. If you trade-in or purchase the plan from any in-store options, you can get free phones when you switch.
10. Sprint International Plans
Sprint is also a T-Mobile-owned cell phone service provider, which also offers decent services at reasonable rates. You can go for separate international calling plans from Sprint, or some roaming plans go well both in the USA and outside. Therefore, we will discuss Sprint’s basic or domestic phone plans, which also offer a global roaming facility.
Sprint doesn’t come with any specific or dedicated international plan. You have to pick any basic plan and add the global roaming perk.
Just like other carriers, Sprint also comes with a flat 25 cent per minute call rate. What about the data coverage of Sprint? They offer 2G data across the coverage countries with unlimited text.
Unlimited Basic with Global Roaming: For budget users, it is one of the best international calling plans from USA you can look at. The Unlimited basic from Sprint starts at just $50 or $60. Choose one that you can afford. Adding Globar Roaming perks with any basic unlimited plans is totally free of cost.
The features of this plan are:
- Unlimited talk in all the coverage countries and unlimited text in Canada and Mexico
- Get 5GB of high-speed data in Canada and Mexico
- Provides 2G data and unlimited texting in 200+ destinations
- Worldwide calling charges are just 25 cents per minute
- You can purchase a high-speed internet pass for 4G LTE data speeds overseas
You can get 2G GSM data for free, and there are no restrictions. If you want data passes for high-speed data coverage, there are specified plans at different rates available.
For Canada & Mexico is costs $2 per day and $10 for each week. For most destinations, they cost $5 per day and $25 per week. A few destinations also offer high-speed data passes at $10 per day and $50 per week.
We have wrapped up our ten best international calling plans from USA, and you can choose one regarding your requirements and budget. Buying a cheap and comprehensive global calling plan is far cost-effective than going without any subscriptions.
Don’t go abroad with your regular plan. Purchase a prepaid SIM based on your destination and get with your phone for accessing the local network. Before selecting any plans, ask your carrier if it is compatible with international SIM or not. Happy traveling!