Being a Safelink user, if you have fallen into such problems where your phone is stolen, lost, or broken, you know how disturbing it is without a cell phone.
Now, you may ask, how do I get a replacement Safelink phone? There is a replacement policy on the Safelink terms and conditions page, which you may not have read during activation like most people.
There is nothing to be concerned about, as we are here with a comprehensive guide of how you can replace your Safelink phones in case of accidental issues.
The Safelink replacement policy claimed to offer up to one replacement cell phone. But the terms to replace your Safelink phone are pretty restrictive.
If your Safelink cell phone gets misplaced, robbed, or damaged, they will replace it. But if you have any issues like dropping the phone in water or breaking with vehicle accidents, the policy may not work.
However, there is a downside to this term & the policy of Safelink. Let’s discuss the detailed procedure of how to replace Safelink phones in emergency cases!
Replacement Terms & Conditions Policy of Safelink Wireless
Safelink is one of the most prominent cell phone service providers that are well known for their government-free cell phones. Safelink has a comprehensive collection of cell phones for the Lifeline participants, including cell phones from renowned tech brands. Your cell phone that was given by Safelink Wireless may get lost, broken, or stolen in case of emergency or accidents.
Since Safelink Wireless has a broad replacement policy, we hope you may not have to worry about the issue of replacing your phone if you have any valid reasons.
However, if you haven’t read their terms and conditions about replacing cell phones, it is high time to do it. Let’s get acquainted with the replacement terms and conditions policy of Safelink Wireless!
SafeLink Wireless Replacement Policy
Most people don’t read the terms and conditions during the activation process. But they didn’t even know that the part is crucial to acknowledge before switching to any carrier.
The same goes for Safelink Wireless, as they have some crucial facts described in the section. However, if you haven’t read this part, we will tell you about it. The Safelink WIreless replacement guideline is described below.
Safelink Wireless will offer a replacement cell phone to each of their verified Lifeline users if their phone is lost, stolen, or broken. Sounds great, isn’t it?
But they have a strict prescription for this replacement section as well. If you have any issues like dropping the phone in water or breaking with vehicle accidents, the policy may not work.
One of the key downsides of this policy is that Safelink will not provide you with any new smartphones or cell phones as a replacement. They will offer you the refurbished cell phones as a consolation to your accidental cell phone loss. However, if you lose any airtime or minutes with your phone, they will only provide 10 minutes as replacement airtime.
One great thing about Safelink Wireless replacement policy is you can get a new cell phone if you receive any defective cell phone during your activation process.
But in these circumstances, you may need to show them the proof of purchasing the device along with the warranty card. Before moving to any procedures, it is better to consult with the customer care about your warranty eligibility.
Because if you don’t have any eligible or valid warranty on the phone, you may not be able to receive any new replacement cell phone from Safelink Wireless.
But it may not seem overwhelming that they will provide you with a refurbished cell phone of the identical model that you’ve previously owned. To keep your warranty active and safe, you should backup all your information during the purchase.
- How Do I Get A Replacement Safelink Phone In 2022
- Contact Customer Support
- Upgrading Phone
- Replacement of Unlocked Version
- Apply Procedure Of Safelink Wireless Replacement Phone
- Activation Procedure of Safelink Wireless Replacement Phones
- Tips To Locate Your Lost or Misplaced SafeLink Wireless Phone
- Top 5 SafeLink Wireless Replacement Phones 2022
- 1. Alcatel A30 Plus
- 2. ZTE Avid 4
- 3. Alcatel 1X
- 4. LG Rebel 4G
- 5. ZTE ZFive 2 4G
- FAQ About Safelink Replacement Phones
How Do I Get A Replacement Safelink Phone In 2022
This section will cover up necessary things that you need to perform after your phone is broken, stolen, or lost. These things are performed by most of us, but we delay realizing and taking the initials. These initial steps or proceedings can help you recover your Safelink phone in particular cases.
However, the provider or the carrier can do a lot to recover your phone. That is why it is pretty essential to contact cell phone customer support initially after your phone is lost or stolen. Getting a Safelink free phone replacement depends on the specific conditions.
If the carrier found any legit reasons for that, they will indeed equip you with a replacement. Below, we will discuss contacting customer support, upgrading your phone, replacing an unlocked version, and many more crucial factors. So, let’s get down!
Contact Customer Support
You should contact the technical support of Safelink Wireless initially after the phone is lost, stolen, or broken. SafeLink Wireless technical support is available from 7 AM to 8 PM for the whole week. However, it would help if you kept ready all the relevant and needed documents and answers to the questions they may ask you.
The needed info or the data you need to keep ready before contacting customer support will be available on your account page of the Safelink Wireless website. But be sure that you need the phone number and the wireless serial number of your Safelink Wireless account.
After you have contacted customer support, the Safelink Wireless authority will deactivate your account or the provided access. The Safelink Wireless live representative will show you the next steps you need to follow afterward. Call SafeLink Wireless customer support at 800-378-1684.
If you are a victim who has lost or broken his Safelink cell phone, you can use an alternative way to use any replacement Safelink Wireless phone.
Bringing a new Safelink Wireless phone can tremendously replace Safelink cell phone. Suppose you wish to upgrade your current Safelink Wireless phone, then this can be a great chance to upgrade your phone.
You can go to Safelink to buy a lifeline cell phone that is newer in the model than your existing one. If you don’t want a refurbished Safelink replacement phone, you can upgrade your current one with a newer one from their site by buying a new smartphone. You can use the Safelink phone store or any third-party merchants for buying a new phone.
You may have to pay some bucks to Safelink Wireless for buying a new phone upgrade in this condition. You can enjoy the same Safelink Wireless free services after the activation of the new device.
But, you need to pay at least 39 dollars to activate the service with a new device. However, if you want a free refurbished replacement or a newer one, the choice is up to you by paying a few bucks.
Replacement of Unlocked Version
You can go for an unlocked version of the Safelink Wireless phone to replace your lost, stolen, or broken Safelink Wireless phone. However, they have a set of particular requirements for the users to have if they want to get an unlocked replacement cell phone. The specific terms and conditions for an unlocked Safelink Wireless replacement cell phone are-
- First things first, you need to be an authentic and verified subscriber of Safelink Wireless Lifeline phone services.
- Your existing device need to be locked for that offer
- For at least 12 months, you need to be in the active service of Safelink Wireless
- Currently, your Safelink Wireless connection need to be active
- Your current cell phone need to be in a good and working condition
If you fill up all these conditions, you just need to contact the customer support of Safelink Wireless.
Apply Procedure Of Safelink Wireless Replacement Phone
After your Safelink wireless free cell phone is damaged, broken, lost, or stolen, you can follow the general procedure of applying for a replacement phone.
In rare cases, damages with motorcycles and water are not covered in their replacement rules. Here’s what you require to perform after your phone is lost or damaged!
- After the device is lost or broken, you should immediately call Safelink Customer Support without delay.
- Notify the Safelink representative of the last date of your usage of the phone
- Describe them how and where your phone is stolen or broken
- Give the representative your phone’s serial number or the ESN number(it is usually found on the activation card)
- In rare situations, if you’re unable to find the activation card, provide the cell phone number to the representative instead
- Request to the representative for keeping your existing number(apply for a newer one if you want)
- After your request confirmation, they will send an email with a confirmation message of your cell phone replacement application
- They will provide you with the replacement device within three to ten business days, free of cost.
Upon the arrival of your replacement phone, you should check if the phone, parts, and other accessories are intact. You can reach out to Safelink customer support at 1-800-723-3546, or 1-800-378-1684(the average support hours are 8 AM to 10 PM)
Activation Procedure of Safelink Wireless Replacement Phones
Now that you have received your Safelink wireless replacement phone, it is time to activate the cell phone with the existing service. The Safelink Wireless replacement phone activation process is pretty much similar to the actual activation you’ve done during the first purchase.
You should note that your activation is required if you get the replacement phone with the new SIM card from Safelink Wireless. However, if you have any disposed or previously owned Safelink wireless SIM cards, you can just place the SIM card into the replacement phone and activate it.
On the other hand, if you activate any existing Safelink Wireless phone, you can send a text to Safelink Wireless. Just send REACT to 611611 number for reactivating any of your existing devices. You can also go to the Safelink Wireless website and activate your new device’s SIM card and new account.
Tips To Locate Your Lost or Misplaced SafeLink Wireless Phone
Our cell phones may get lost or misplaced in some frequent circumstances because of our unawareness. Below will describe some tips and tricks to help you find out your lost or misplaced Safelink Wireless phone.
You can find your misplaced Safelink wireless phone more easily if it is turned on. If you doubt that your phone is lost or misplaced, you can do the following to locate it(depending on which phone type you use).
Calling Your Number
The first and initial step you can take after losing your phone is to call your number from another phone as early as possible without delay. Now you should carefully listen to whether it rings near your proximity or not. If anyone picks your call from a distant place, tell the person to store it or send it for you kindly.
Using Google Android Manager
Have you used any Google services like Maps, Browser, Chrome, Gmail, etc.? If the answer is yes, you can find your phone using any laptop or computer. Just enter the Google account settings page, and find the option- “Find Your Device.”
The screen instructions may appear like this- My Account- Google- Find your Android Phone. After that, you should follow the on-screen instructions and click on the results that the screen takes you to. In this way, you will be able to track the logged-in device and the device’s current location.
If you have an Apple device, the procedure may be somewhat different from that of Android devices. You may need to enter your iPhone into the “Find my iPhone” page or the iCloud for locating your Apple device. The other procedures and steps are identical to the Android devices.
Ask Your Service Provider
If you have tried the above ways but haven’t found any success in finding your cell phone, then you should contact your service provider. Just call their customer support, and they will notify you if they can locate your mobile phone or not.
Top 5 SafeLink Wireless Replacement Phones 2022
You can try two alternatives if you figure out that your provider is not offering you a replacement Safelink phone. You can get an affordable replacement phone from your insurance company if you have insured the device before it is lost or stolen.
But if you have no insurance attached to the device, you have to go for an affordable refurbished phone from Safelink Wireless. In this condition, Safelink will allow you to go for a replacement phone upgrade with the BYOP option. Safelink replacement phone online selections are also subjected to availability.
However, you must go for an auto-choice device if you have a free replacement phone. But, if you are someone who wants to upgrade to a replacement phone or buy an affordable one, you have multiple excellent choices. Let’s have a glimpse at the unlocked refurbished phones compatible with Safelink.
1. Alcatel A30 Plus
We are starting with a 4G smartphone from Alcatel’s renowned cell phone brand. The Alcatel A30 Plus is a 4G unlocked smartphone that supports almost all carriers, including the major ones AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon. With Safelink Wireless, you can get this at just 100 dollars from any online store, which is pretty affordable compared to the specifications.
Specifications of Alcatel A30 Plus
- It opens up with the Android 7.0 Nougat and supports 4G, 3G, and GSM network bands.
- With the 2 GB RAM and 16 GB extended ROM, it operates pretty smoothly
- Supports an external Micro SD card which is expandable up to 128 GB for supplementary storage backup
- Provides a fantastic video streaming with the 5.5 inches TFT touchscreen display panel
- Ensures long-lasting usage for up to 2 days with the 3000 mAh powerful battery
- With image stabilization and wide-angle viewing, the 5 MP front and 13 MP back camera comes close with real snaps
- It has a 1.5 GHz decently powerful processor that operates the device without noticeable lags and buffering
Alcatel A30 Plus measures approximately 5.98 x 0.33 x 3.03 inches in overall dimensions, and it weighs just about 0.70 pounds. Be one step more productive with the modern features of the Alcatel A30 Plus 4G unlocked smartphone.
2. ZTE Avid 4
ZTE Avid 4 is an unlocked 4G smartphone that is unlocked and compatible with all the major and MVNO carriers. However, if we define it more specifically, it is a GSM unlocked smartphone with 4G technology.
This is different from the upper one in the structure and specifications department. You can use this as a Safelink Wireless replacement phone, which costs under 150 dollars.
Specifications of ZTE Avid 4
- With the 5 inches TFT touchscreen display panel, you can stream 480p videos and other content with clarity.
- This 4G LTE smartphone comes with the Android 7.0 Nougat operating system
- With the 2 GB RAM and 16 GB extended ROM, it supports most apps and features smoothly
- It includes an 8 MP back camera and a 5 MP front camera for capturing decent photos
- The 2300 mAh battery provides a maximum of 20 hours of talk time after a single charge
- It has a 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon powerful processor that functions the device without significant lags
The ZTE Avid 4G smartphone measures about 6.2 x 3.9 x 2.3 inches in overall dimensions, and it weighs just about 0.65 lbs. It has a blue exterior design which gives it a stylish touch of modern smartphones.
3. Alcatel 1X
Alcatel 1X is another unlocked smartphone that supports both 3G and 4G technology and comes with the touch of modern smartphone features.
Specifications of Alcatel 1X
- It comes with a 5.3 inches TFT display panel with an 18:9 screen to body aspect ratio.
- The latest Android 8 Oreo operating system goes well with this 4G smartphone.,
- Capture detailed images with the 8 MP back camera and a 5-megapixel front selfie camera
- Talk up to 14 hours at a stance with the 2460 mAh lithium-ion battery
- With the 1 GB RAM and 16 GB extended ROM, it supports most apps and features
- It has an ARM Cortex A53 GPU and 1.3 GHz Mediatek processor for lag-free usage
- Supports an external Micro SD card which is expandable up to 32 GB for additional storage backup
It is available at any online store, and the price is under 85 dollars. This affordable unlocked smartphone is compatible with all significant and MVNO carriers like AT&T, T-Mobile, etc. It can be utilized as a magnificent replacement phone for the Safelink wireless network.
In the overall dimensional measurement, the Alcatel 1X 4G smartphone is 5.81 x 2.78 x 0.36 inches, and it weighs approximately 6.08 ounces. This one has a unique fingerprint sensor technology that allows you to access and maintain a secured interface easily.
4. LG Rebel 4G
This one is a prepaid TracFone smartphone, which is also compatible with SafeLink Wireless phones. Because TracFone is the subsidiary or the parent company of SafeLink Wireless.
Specifications of LG Rebel 4G smartphone
- With the 4.5 inches TFT touchscreen display panel, you can stream 480p video content with clarity.
- This 4G LTE smartphone comes with the Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system.
- A 1.1 GHz decently powerful quad-core processor operates the device without significant lags.
- Capture detailed images with the 5 MP back camera and a 2-megapixel front selfie camera
- The 2000 mAh battery provides a maximum of 12 hours of talk time after a single charge.
- Compatible with a separately sold external Micro SD card that is expandable to 32 GB storage
- It operates decently with the 1 GB RAM and 8 GB advanced ROM.
However, both carriers are now planning to emerge with the T-mobile network. You can get this LG 4G smartphone from any online store for just 75 dollars.
The LG 4G smartphone comes with an overall measurement of about 5.2 x 0.36 x 2.6 inches, and the weight is about 12 ounces. For the Safelink Wireless cellular services, this LG smartphone from TracFone is one of the best ones for compatibility.
5. ZTE ZFive 2 4G
ZTE ZFive 2 4G is also a TracFone smartphone that is harmonious with the SafeLink Wireless network. The plans and the device are sold separately; if you switch to TracFone, but with Safelink, you may need to purchase the device only.
Specifications of ZTE ZFive 2 4G smartphone
- Provides fantastic video streaming with the 5.0 inches TFT touchscreen display panel with HD resolution
- It opens up with the Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system and supports 4G, 3G, and GSM network bands.
- The 1.4 GHz quad-core processor operates the device without noticeable buffering.
- It includes a 5 MP back camera and a 2 MP front camera for capturing decent photos.
- Supports an external Micro SD card which is expandable up to 32 GB for additional storage backup, which is sold separately
- You can talk up to 14 hours at a stance with the 2460 mAh lithium-ion battery.
- The 1 GB RAM and 8 GB expanded ROM supports most apps and modern features.
They will offer your free Lifeline phone service plans with texting, calling, data, and much more. You can get this device at any online store for just 50 to 60 dollars.
The ZTE ZFive 2 4G smartphone comes with an overall measurement of about 6.75 x 10.38 x 2.5 inches, and the weight is about 12.8 ounces.
For the Safelink Wireless cellular services, this ZTE 4G cell phone from TracFone is one of the most recommended ones for compatibility.
FAQ About Safelink Replacement Phones
How Do I Get A Replacement Safelink Phone with offer plans?
Safelink doesn’t allow the users to select any plans or offers since they are a Lifeline service provider that delivers free cell phone services. However, you can get a chance to pick add-on or airtime plans with your replacement device by paying extras.
Does Safelink allow transferring an existing account to the replacement phone?
Yes, Safelink makes the replacement process happen in this method. They provide a new free replacement device and transfer the older account to the new device.
Will Safelink Wireless charge me during phone replacements?
Without the set reasons, and policies Safelink doesn’t provide replacement phones for free. It means if you want to replace one, you may have to purchase a new device or a refurbished one.
We hope you’ve got the answer to the question, “how do I get a replacement Safelink phone.” If you find that you meet the set policies and requirement conditions for a Safelink replacement phone, apply for one without delay. If you didn’t qualify for one, purchase one at an affordable price.