Tracfone is a pre-paid cell phone service that offers great deals on smartphones and basic phones. Tracfone has been in business since 1996 and has over 25 million customers.
Tracfone is an excellent option for people who want unlimited talk, text, and data without signing a contract. The problem with this service is that most carriers are not compatible with it. Luckily, there are still compatible carriers!
The best part about Tracfone is that they offer nationwide coverage, so you can use your smartphone wherever you go! If you’re interested in getting a new phone with the lowest rate possible, keep reading to find out what carriers are compatible with Tracfone.
What Is The Key Features Of Tracfone Wireless
Plans including Pricing of Tracfone Wireless
Tracfone has a wide range of price points and features with its various plans. However, most of the carriers compatible with this service have a similar rate structure. That means that if you’re looking for more minutes or data, you should look into purchasing an airtime card to add to your plan.
Here is a list of all Tracfone available plans:
- $9.99 for 30 days – 500 minutes, 500 texts, and 500MB of data
- $14.99 for 30 days – 750 minutes, 750 texts, and 1 GB of data
- $19.99 for 30 days – 1000 minutes including 1000 texts and 1GB of data.
- $29.99 for 30 days – 1,500 minutes, 1,000 texts and 2GB of data
If you’re interested in unlimited talk, text, and data at 4G LTE speeds, the only option available with Tracfone is ONE Plus International. Currently, this plan is on sale for $79.99/mo for ONE Plus International with the unlimited international calling to Mexico, India, Canada, and over 50 other countries.
Network Coverage With Tracfone
Tracfone does not own any network. It uses the networks of various carriers with whom they have partnered up. That means that you will be using T-Mobile, Sprint, or one of their other available carriers for your service. You can check out their coverage maps to see what carriers are compatible with Tracfone that has coverage in your area.
Phone Options With Tracfone
Tracfone offers both smartphones and basic phones to meet your needs.TracFone provides high-quality new and refurbished phones from top manufacturers at reasonable costs. The best thing is that they do not require a contract, so you can switch carriers anytime you want with no exit fee!
- They also offer two different types of plans for their smartphones. 30-day service plans are available in the following options:
- Endless talk, text, including data plan at 4G LTE speeds
- 500 minute talk time, unlimited texts, including 500MB data
- The cost for this plan is $19.99/mo. If you want to add up to 1,500 minutes, unlimited texts, and 2 GB of data to your plan, you’ll have to pay an extra $10.00 per month.
- Most smartphones do not come with a battery or a charger, so make sure to add these on when you purchase your new phone.
- As for their basic phones, they can be purchased at the initial price of $9.99 and come with the following plan options:
- 500 talk minutes, 500 texts, and 500MB of data for an extra $7.99/mo.
- 1,000 minutes, 1000 texts and 1GB of data for an extra $10.99/mo.
Service Features With Tracfone
TracFone’s service features are an important aspect that most consumers look into before committing to a carrier. Overall, you can expect the same features with TracFone as you would get with any other plan on the market. Here are some of them:
- International calling (two different options)
- Visual voicemail
- Mobile hotspot
- Data rollover
- Tracfone family discounts
- Data top-up as needed
- Smartphone capabilities (to a certain extent)
It would help if you remarked that you could only apply one data service at a time to your phone. That means if you were to make a call, you wouldn’t be able to access the internet or use any apps until the call was over.
Customer Service With Tracfone
TracFone’s customer service has gotten a lot of bad reviews over the years, which is strange considering how big the company is. While this might be true in some cases, you should know that they have upped their game and started offering much better support by now.
The most reliable approach to reach them is within their contact center. They are available 24/7, so you can reach them whenever you need assistance.
- What Is The Key Features Of Tracfone Wireless
- 1. Straight Talk
- 2. Simple Mobile
- 3. Total Wireless
- 4. Net10 Wireless
- 5. Page Plus Cellular
- 6. Walmart Family Mobile Compatible With TracFone
- What phones work with Tracfone?
- What does no contract mean?
- What are the advantages of having no contract with TracFone?
- Can the minute rollover?
- Is there a fee for buying a Tracfone?
- What is in the TracFone Double Minutes For Life offer?
- What do unlimited talk and text mean?
- What do I need to purchase service from TracFone?
- What is TracFone’s customer service number?
- What is the TracFone BYOP program?
- How do I add an airtime card to my TracFone?
- Can I have multiple devices on one Tracfone account?
- Final Verdict
What carriers are Compatible With Tracfone Network?
1. Straight Talk
Straight talk is one of those newest pre-paid phone services out there. It runs on the same network as Tracfone, which means you’ll have coverage in most places where Tracfone has service available.
They offer many phone options, but they only require that you purchase a SIM card with your new phone to work with their services.
The straight talk offers three different plans to choose from.
- Unlimited talk, text, and data for $45/mo.
- Unlimited talk, text, also you can combine up to 1 GB of 4G LTE data for just $55/mo. However, anything after you use 1 GB at full speed, will be slowed down.
- Unlimited everything with 4G LTE speeds plus international calling for $60/mo.
Straight talk has several benefits, including the following:
- No contracts nor hidden fees
- You can modify or cancel your plan at any moment without penalties or charges.
- Most plans come with mobile hotspot capabilities for an extra charge (there are some exceptions)
- You can buy a phone without having to sign up for service if you already have an unlocked phone
Tracfone does not require any special type of cell phone. As long as it is compatible with TracFone’s frequencies and is not locked, that phone will work with TracFone.
2. Simple Mobile
Simple Mobile is another pre-paid cell phone service that allows you to bring your own device. You may use several unlocked GSM phones on the Tracfone network.
Simple Mobile offers one of the simplest methods to cover your entire home with cellular service. If you’re looking for basic mobile phone coverage, Simple Mobile allows you to select inexpensive alternatives starting at $20 per month.
- Starter subscriptions for 30 days are available for as little as $25 per month.
- Month-to-month options allow you to drop your service without penalty if it does not meet your needs.
- Plans at $40 per month grant you 1,000 minutes of talk time.
- For unlimited talk and text, choose the “Unlimited Everything” plan for $50 per month, with each additional line costing only $10 more.
- Additional features are available with some plans, including data allotments, hotspot capabilities, and international calling.
Simple Mobile does not require any contract, and there is no commitment to any plan. You can consider the selection that matches your necessities and pass on when you require or need to change. They offer several affordable pre-paid phones and SIM cards which will give you access to their services.
3. Total Wireless
You can use most unlocked GSM phones with the Total Wireless service. This is another of their benefits because you have a wide range of devices to choose from, and they will work on their network.
They also offer several cheapest unlimited phone plans that allow you to grab a phone without signing up for a contract or service agreement.
- Starter kits are available for $29.99, including the SIM card, activation instructions, and your initial 30-day service plan.
- Month-to-month plans at $35 per month offer unlimited talk and text with up to 2 GB of full-speed data.
- Additional options include 10 GB of hotspot capability and unlimited international calling, both of which cost $5 more on the base plan.
You do not have to sign up for any service agreements with Total Wireless. There are no closing fees, and you can discontinue at any time without any extra charges.
Total Wireless provides you with several choices while it comes to buying a phone. You will find the best selection by going to their website.
There are several benefits to using pre-paid cell phone services with TracFone as your device provider.
There is no need for any contract or commitment, and you can choose from a wide range of devices that will work on their network without the added expense of high monthly fees. In this way, choosing pre-paid cell phone services with TracFone provides you with the best of both worlds.
4. Net10 Wireless
Net10 Wireless allows you to use your own phone as long as it is Tracfone compatible with their network. They also sell several no-contract phones that will work on their service, and you can choose from a wide variety of plans that will fit almost any budget.
- A $50 starter kit comes with the SIM card, activation instructions, and your 30-day service plan.
- Month-to-month plans begin at $30 per month with unlimited talk time and texting.
- A low-cost WiFi-only plan is available for under $20 per month. You can also purchase international calling packages if you want to make calls outside of the US.
- Select plans to come with data, hotspot capabilities, and unlimited international calling.
There are two ways to purchase a phone for the Net10 Wireless service. You can go through their retail partners, or you can choose from one of their no-contract phones already available on the market. These devices are available online or at many different retailers, including Walmart and Target.
One of the benefits of choosing Net10 Wireless is having access to its nationwide coverage network. There are no roaming fees unless you go outside of the US.
They also offer a variety of cheapest talk only cell phone plans if you need them.
Net10 Wireless offers several ways to save money with their pre-paid cell phone services. Their no-contract phones are some of the best available on the market today, and they offer several affordable plans that you can use with your own phone or one of theirs.
5. Page Plus Cellular
Page Plus is an MVNO or Mobile Virtual Network Operator. That means that they use the Verizon network for their service but run it through their own customer care division.
You can bring most unlocked GSM devices to Page Plus Cellular as long as you purchase a SIM card for them. They sell both no-contract and contract phones that you can use with their service.
Activation for Page Plus is $20. You may add a line into your account or acquire a number from TracFone if needed. The SIM card only costs $1, so you will have everything you need to get the service activated right away.
- Prepaid cell phone service starts as low as $12.99 per month for 100 minutes and texts with 2 gigs of data
- Plans start at $29.95 per month for unlimited talk, text, and 1 GB of data
- You can bring your own device to Page Plus Cellular if you prefer
- International calling is available starting at only 20 cents per minute
- You can use Page Plus Cellular to bring your own phone if you are looking for an inexpensive MVNO option.
Page Plus is a good choice for people who want to enjoy service on Verizon’s network without signing a contract. Plans start as low as $12.99 per month, and they even offer international calling options starting at 20 cents per minute.
6. Walmart Family Mobile Compatible With TracFone
Walmart Family Mobile is an excellent choice if you want to save money each month on your cell phone bill. They offer several pre-paid monthly plans that are easy to phones work with Tracfone with and feature nationwide coverage. TracFone subsidiary may benefit people who wish to use T-Mobile’s network and need an inexpensive unlimited data plan.
- You can purchase a new phone from Walmart Family Mobile or bring your own device as long as it is compatible with the Tracfone network.
- There are several no-contract plans available to choose from, and all offer unlimited talk and text, with some offering additional data.
- Monthly pre-paid cell phone services start at $24.88 per
- Plans begin at $24.88 by month within unlimited Talk, Text & 2 GB of data.
- Tethering is available for an additional $15 per month.
Bring your own phone also save more extra money among their Bring Your Own Phone program. You can also purchase a new pre-paid device for full price or receive discounts on select phones.
Purchase Walmart Family Mobile’s Total Plans to get Unlimited Video Streaming, Data, and 100 Talk Minutes for International Calls to Mexico & Canada, plus Unlimited International Texting.
If you need an inexpensive pre-paid cell phone service in the US, Walmart Family Mobile is a great choice that costs less than most other major providers.
With their no-contract plans starting at $24 per month, they offer some of the best rates available on T-Mobile’s network today.
FAQs about The compatibility with Tracfone
What phones work with Tracfone?
Several older models are compatible with Tracfone’s service. If you prefer an unlocked GSM device, you can get many of them to work with their service by purchasing a SIM card for them. That is the only way some devices will work, so you must have a Tracfone branded device or purchase a new one from them.
You can bring your own phone if it is what carriers are compatible with Tracfone network. If you need an affordable way to purchase a smartphone, consider purchasing one of their no-contract devices that start at just $7. If you have an older model GSM phone, you can use it with their service as long as you purchase a SIM card for them.
Samsung has the most compatible models, but Apple’s iPhone 4 and 4s are also compatible with Tracfone’s CDMA network.
What does no contract mean?
A no-contract plan doesn’t require you to sign a contract or commitment for service. You can cancel at any time without incurring an early termination fee, and you are free to switch carriers whenever you choose.
What are the advantages of having no contract with TracFone?
You are free to leave Tracfone’s network at any time without catching a canceling charge. This is beneficial if you work in an area with bad coverage or want to switch carriers.
Can the minute rollover?
Minutes you do not use can be rolled over to your next billing cycle under a no-contract plan. This isn’t the case with each provider, so check their particular terms and requirements before obtaining the service of Tracfone.
Is there a fee for buying a Tracfone?
No, there are no additional fees for purchasing a phone from them. They charge you the full price upfront for their phones, but all pre-paid wireless carriers are typical.
What is in the TracFone Double Minutes For Life offer?
When you purchase an airtime card from Tracfone, the Double Minutes For Life offer automatically applies. This is a special promotion that doubles your minutes after you add them to your account.
What do unlimited talk and text mean?
Some pre-paid cell phone providers offer an unlimited talk and text plan, which gives you free Mobile to mobile calling and texting for the duration of your service. This is an excellent alternative if you plan to use your phone for social networking and messaging purposes.
What do I need to purchase service from TracFone?
You require a credit card, debit card, either PayPal account to purchase the Tracfone airtime cards and other services. You may also choose to buy full-price phones from their website, but you can also purchase phones online or at your local retail store.
What is TracFone’s customer service number?
You can call 1 800 867 8638 to reach their customer service team. You may also email them at [email protected] if you prefer this method of contact.
What is the TracFone BYOP program?
The Bring Your Own Phone promotion allows you to use your own device with Tracfone’s service. You must purchase their SIM card to take advantage of this offer, but if you have an older phone, it may be compatible already.
How do I add an airtime card to my TracFone?
Dial *22890 from your phone, and you will hear a voice prompt that allows you to add an airtime purchase through their automated system. You can also add airtime cards from their website or in-store.
Can I have multiple devices on one Tracfone account?
You may own many devices at one account, but you must buy a separate airtime package for each phone. They sell packages in 60 minutes and 90 days increments, so keep this in mind when purchasing your service plan.
If you’re looking for a good cell phone plan but don’t want to be held down by contracts, then Tracfone is the perfect solution. With no annual service contract and very affordable unlimited talk & text plans, it’s one of the best options out there – especially if you have multiple lines or are on a tight budget!
And with so many different phones available (including iPhone), this company has something for everyone. So what carrier does Tracfone use? It doesn’t matter because they offer compatibility across all major carriers in the US!